1. Advertise at Totalvene.fi
Traditionally, boating journalism and marketing in the boat field have been mainly limited to print magazines. One of the reasons has been a lack of credible, professionally produced online publications whose target readership and circulation numbers would satisfy advertisers.
Totalvene.fi is a fresh and exciting new channel that publishes current news, articles, and reviews from the world of boating. Totalvene.fi is a niche tool that can help you get more out of boating marketing. When advertising at Totalvene.fi, you are not dependent on a precise publication date, and we can quickly find a framework that fits your budget in order to produce a successful campaign.
2. Banner ads
Totalvene.fi offers several options for banner ads. In the section Prices and technical specifications you can find different alternatives and the technical specifications for the ads.
Some of the banners are shown in the so-called desktop format, which is a format designed for desktop computers. Some other banners, on the other hand, are only designed for mobile devices. The scalability from desktop to mobile is mentioned separately in the banner specifications.
3. Special formats
Boost your campaign with special formats. Our alternatives are listed below.
Video ads produced in the HTML5 format can be shown on the site in certain banner positions, and also in the pre-roll format. The banner positions are defined in the section Prices and technical specifications.
The ad video is shown in the KATSO (”View”) section before the article’s main video is opened. A pre-roll video also works in LUE (”Read”) articles under the Test and Premiere categories if they include a main video.
Sponsored articles – native advertising
A sponsored article, or a native ad, is an effective way to aim an ad at your desired target group. The editorial layout typical for sponsored ads significantly increases the ad’s weight. A sponsored article is seen with the regular articles in a fixed position but stands out as a separate entity with the label ”advertising”.
Content-targeted banner position
You can reserve a fixed position for a banner in context with a certain article in the Parade or Article parade position.
4. Prices and technical specifications
In this section, you will wind the price list and file specifications for all digital ads at Totalvene.fi.
See all banner positions:
|Frontpage banners||Banners within an article|
Banners – desktop and tablet
Special banners – desktop and tablet
When designing desktop banner ads, please take into account in e.g. typography that the site responsively scales a certain number of banners when screen size changes (also in tablet view).
Banners – mobile devices
When designing mobile banners, please take into account that the site responsively scales banners depending on the width of the smartphone screen. E.g. in the vertical direction, the Mobile panorama is shown as 300x300px and the Article parade as 300x250px.
Prices for special formats
|Ad||Price||Technical specifications||Additional info|
|Sponsored article||Per quote||Length per agreement||In addition to the text, you should deliver
one image, max width 800px.
|Ad film||Per quote||640x360px (16:9), 600x337px (16:9)
Recommended file size 500kb, max file size 1,7Mb
|Shown in the Parade and Article parade positions, see section 5. More information on supported formats.|
|Pre-roll video||Per quote||
1980x1020px / 1280×720px (16:9), max file size 5Mb
|Shown in the KATSO (”View”) section with the main video, and with the main video in Test and Premiere articles, see section 5. More information on supported formats.|
|Content-targeted banner||Per quote||See desktop banners Parade and Special parade|
5. More information on supported formats
See Prices and technical specifications for banner-specific pixel dimensions and maximum file sizes. Below is more information on the formats.
The video format is mp4.
Note that advertising designed for mobile devices should be suitable for a smaller screen when it comes to e.g. typography.
Maximum file sizes
The maximum sizes for banners and videos are listed in kilobytes in the section Prices and technical specifications. The sizes are restricted in order to avoid delays in the loading of the site.
- File format mp4
- 1980x1020px (1280x720px), 25 frames per second
- Maximum file size 5Mb
- Can be downloaded from a third-party service (use this if possible)
- Stereo audio 44.1kHz or 48kHz
- Bitrate max 16000kbps
Ad video in a banner
- File format mp4
- Resoluutio: 640x360px (also 600x337 px), 25 frames per second
- Recommended file size 500kb, maximum file size 1.7Mt, recommended duration max 30 sec
- Browsers do not necessarily support autoplay (automatic playback of the video)
- Can be downloaded from a third-party service (use this if possible)
- Bitrate max 2,000kbps
- NB! If the video is located in the Parade position, also deliver a 980x400px background image with the advertiser’s logo, max 50kb. Position the logo in the top left corner of the background image.
The site coding standard is HTML5. It enables the use of graphic and moving elements in banners which were previously produced using e.g. Flash. HTML5 is better compatible with various mobile devices and does not require separate software that the user would have to download.
- The files must use the UTF-8 character set.
- Links should open a new browser tab using the target="_blank" addition, preferably also with the rel="noopener" addition.
- Use inline CSS styles and HTML so that the opening view of the ad can be loaded as quickly as possible.
- Avoid initial load dependencies to js or CSS files preventing or altering rendering.
- Please minimize the need for processing power e.g. in animations.
- Avoid global variables, loops or times (reset timers and loops directly after running), the use of Mootools or jQuery libraries, and eval().
- Avoid connections and downloads from several different websites and services.
- With mobile banners, take into account that the banners will be scaled to 300x300px (Mobile panorama) or 300x250px (Article parade) depending on the device’s screen size.
Please follow the file size guidelines provided in the section Prices and technical specifications. HTML5 creative content may be max 20% larger in the initial load.
Please deliver the creative content in good time so that we can evaluate its functionality in the desired banner position.
Please test the creative content’s responsivity and compatibility with different browsers and devices.
The client is responsible for the ads’ source code validity, functionality and data security, e.g. damages to third parties. Totalvene.fi does not have the possibility to test or correct faulty ads.
The site functions with the modern Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (IE10 or newer versions), and Opera browsers, as well as on the iOS and Android mobile platforms. The site also mainly functions in the Windows Phone environment, but as the number of these devices is continuously decreasing, the functionality does not correspond to the other mobile platforms in all aspects.
The deliverer of an ad must ensure the ad’s suitability and test it before delivery. Totalvene.fi does not have the possibility to test or correct faulty ads.
Links included in banners always open in a new window.
6. Delivering creative content
The creative content should be delivered to us 3 working days before campaign start. The deadline for video and HTML5 creatives is 5 days before campaign start.
- The ad must meet all the required technical specifications. It must be delivered on time..
- The deliverer of the ad is responsible for the content, layout and data security of the creative content. Ads with technical difficulties or offensive content will be deleted from the site.
- The creative content must not be edited into an editorial form.
- Totalvene.fi reserves all rights to approve ads to the site.
- The target of the ad and campaign
- Campaign start and end dates
- Ad link (URL)
- Contact person and contact details
Should the creative content be delivered late, we cannot guarantee the agreed-upon campaign start date.
If the ad you have designed does not meet our requirements, please contact us first, and we will try to find a suitable solution for you.
7. More information on online advertising
Buying ad space and advertising at Totalvene.fi is easy. We will sell you an ad package that fits your budget and schedule. You will receive the desired number of views and the desired position at the desired time.
When a visitor arrives at Totalvene.fi, the site ads are downloaded in their individual positions to accumulate impressions, i.e. views. When the visitor moves on to read other content (articles) on the site, ads are downloaded again with the articles and accumulate more impressions.
The ad pricing at Totalvene.fi is based on 1,000 impressions, CPM, Cost per Mille. The prices vary depending on the ad position. Our most expensive ad, Wallpaper, covering nearly the whole screen, costs €90 CPM, whereas the smallest banner, the Sponsor box, only costs €34 CPM.
Do clicks say it all?
Clicks are only one way to price or evaluate the attractiveness of an online ad. Online ads have the same media coverage as print ads. The ad has been noticed even if there are no contacts right away.
The ad size is provided in pixels, px. The topmost ad on our frontpage, for instance, the Panorama, is sized 980x120px.
If the file is too big, the page loads more slowly. This is why we recommend an exact maximum file size for each banner size (see section Prices and technical specifications).